Dr. Snyder provides an overview of Coccidiosis with a focus on control of coccidiosis inside and outside the bird. Following are some of the key areas discussed in the video:
- Coccidiosis is an ‘artificial disease
- Multiple species make it a disease complex
- Control is highly dependent on controlling oocyst numbers at appropriate times
- Coccidiosis remains a relevant disease in broiler operations
- Vaccinated flocks have more consistent parasite control than medicated flocks but bacterial infections reduce performance
- Drug sensitivity can be restored by using the vaccine
For more great recorded webinars from the BC Poultry Symposium visit BC Poultry Symposium Video Library. Only available in English.