POSITION: Market Analyst
UNIT: Market Information and Systems
The Market analyst provides timely, accurate and relevant information to CFC’s Board of Directors, staff, provincial boards, and external stakeholders to help them make the right decisions on production volumes and production-related policies.
We are seeking an individual that has a creative mind when tackling problems, along with a willingness to learn and adopt new and innovative approaches or tools.
Market Information and Analysis
- Collects, distributes and analyses national and international data relevant to the Canadian chicken industry
- Responds to internal and external data and information requests
- Provides statistical and analytical support to other CFC units when needed (e.g. Trade and Policy unit, Communication unit, Food Safety and Animal Health unit, Animal Care & Sustainability unit, Policy Committee)
- Liaises with provincial boards, government departments and agencies, Statistics Canada and various industry stakeholders to improve the relevance, accuracy and timeliness of market data
- Distributes weekly/monthly summaries of key market indicators (wholesale price, imports, storage stocks) to industry stakeholders
- Prepares PowerPoint market information presentations for CFC Board of Directors meetings
- Maintains the Nielsen retail data database, and analyzes trends in retail sales of chicken and other meats
- Works with DirectLink data on foodservice sales
- Maintains the market information section on CFC’s extranet
- Edits the monthly “Chicken Fax” publication
- Edits CFC’s chicken data booklet (annual publication)
- Contributes to the market report in CFC’s annual report
- Participates in the Policy Committee
- Performs production and allocation data audits of provincial boards
Carries out all other duties as assigned by the Director of Market Information & Systems and/or the Executive Director.
Competencies and Experience
The Market Analyst role at CFC is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
The role requires strong organizational and critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Minimum of two years of experience in market analysis and statistics
- Excellent statistical and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of Canada’s poultry, agriculture and food processing sector an asset
- Bilingual – English and French an asset
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and Business Intelligence software, such as Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx, or similar
Please state your salary expectations in your covering email/letter and send to email@example.com.
Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Please contact Lisa Riopelle if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.