Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Financial Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Finance unit in optimizing the management and utilization of the Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) financial resources.
- Supports the Financial Officer for general bookkeeping functions
- Prepares invoices and records accounts payables/receivables in Adagio accounting software
- Finance unit email management – follows up when necessary to ensure that invoices are paid on a timely basis
- Enters cheque/EFT payments and sends notifications
- Prepares and enters Board member payroll using a business payroll software
- Supports maintenance of paper and digital filing systems for the Finance unit
- Prepares monthly reconciliations
Education, Competencies and Experience
The Financial Assistant role is located in Ottawa, Ontario (in office). The role requires high attention to detail, some accounting knowledge and skills, and high adaptability to understanding and working with multiple software systems and data.
- College certificate in accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Recording in accounts payable/receivable using a business accounting software
- Group email management – customer service approach in resolving discrepancies
- Document management – adhering to document naming conventions, supporting and maintaining a sound paper and digital filing system
- Proven experience entering data in and working with accounting and payroll software systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to manipulate and make changes to Adobe PDF files
- Ability to adapt easily to and use new software systems
- Experience using SharePoint file sharing system an asset
- Bilingual English/French an asset
Carries out all other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and/or the Executive Director.
Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicken Farmers of Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.