Position: Content Marketing Officer
Reports to: Director, Brand Marketing
Unit: Brand Marketing
The Chicken Farmers of Canada is an organization driven by being the trusted, preferred, and sustainable choice for Canadian Chicken. The Chicken Farmers of Canada is proud to raises the chicken Canadians can trust. What matters most to us is being responsible for leading and ensuring our farmers produce the right amount of fresh, safe, high-quality chicken. Sustainability, industry growth, and trust is in our DNA.
The primary purpose of the Content Marketing Officer is to manage our website content and all social media channels to promote the CFC brand and farmer story to Canadian consumers. Working closely with and reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing, this position will give input and guidance on the digital strategy for CFC and execute on workplans as developed and laid out in the editorial calendar. This position will collaborate closely with external agency partners, Public Affairs and Communications unit, as well as other departments at CFC, to ensure that creative content produced for social media, our websites and other CFC projects aligns with the overall story and priorities of the organization and is on brand.
• Work closely with the Director, Brand Marketing to execute activities and work on all digital media platforms including but not limited to our websites and social media to ensure ongoing promotion of the brand and Canadian farmer.
• Research social media best practices, trends and monitor comments and conversations on CFC channels and escalate any comments of concern. Advise and engage communications team on responses to sensitive and complex social media inquiries or issues
• Generate, monitor, gather and interpret social media analytics. Report on the effectiveness of social media channels and campaigns to senior management. Determine the effectiveness and influence of CFC social media channels to engage target audiences
• Develop using internal and external partners, exciting and engaging content for all three CFC websites (chicken.ca, chickenfarmers.ca, letstalkchicken.ca)
• Ensure all content produced aligns with brand, communication, and public relation guidelines
• Work with CFC staff and third party consultants as required to execute special projects and initiatives
• Work with provincial boards to provide content and assist in individual requests and needs
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Brand Marketing and the Executive Director Carries out all other duties as assigned by the Director, Brand Marketing and/or the Executive Director.
Education, Competencies and Experience
The Content Marketing Officer role is located in Ottawa, Ontario (in office).
• Degree in Journalism (or equivalent experience) is an asset
• 4-7 years’ experience in developing consumer-facing content for digital and social platforms, or working in related areas, including experience creating informative or educational content
• Strong social media knowledge of all platforms
• Ability to host, produce, and edit content where required, and promote on various social channels
• Extremely strong oral communicator in both official languages (written skills in both languages considered an asset)
• Ability to gather data to analyze the effectiveness of reaching target audiences
• Exceptional critical thinking skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with different teams and execute their visions on emerging platforms and media
• Experience updating website content using Word Press
• Experience in social media management tools like Sprout Social
• Development of creative briefing documents
• Strong team player who can also work independently and is self-motivated to achieve successful outcomes.