Reports to: Director, Finance
The Chicken Farmers of Canada is an organization driven by being the trusted, preferred, and sustainable choice for Canadian Chicken. Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) is proud to raise the chicken Canadians can trust. What matters most to us is being responsible for leading and ensuring our farmers produce the right amount of fresh, safe, high-quality chicken. Sustainability, industry growth, and trust is in our DNA.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Bookkeeper is responsible for optimizing the management and utilization of the Chicken Farmers of Canada’s (CFC) financial resources.
- Supports the Finance unit for general bookkeeping functions
- Prepares invoices and records accounts payables/receivables in Adagio accounting software
- Finance unit email and vendor management – follows up when necessary to ensure that invoices are paid on a timely basis
- Enters cheque/EFT payments and sends notifications
- Prepares and enters Board member payroll using a business payroll software
- Supports maintenance of paper and digital filing systems for the Finance unit
- Prepares monthly reconciliations
- Reviews and coordinates document updates of approved regulation and policy amendments as needed
Carries out all other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance and/or the Executive Director.
Education, Competencies and Experience
The Bookkeeper role is located in Ottawa, Ontario (Hybrid – minimum 3 days per week in-office). The role requires high attention to detail, accounting knowledge and skills, and high adaptability to understanding and working with multiple software systems and data.
- College certificate in accounting and/or bookkeeping, and one year experience working within an accounting role, or position where high attention to detail is required.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail
- Recording in accounts payable/receivable using a business accounting software
- Finance unit email management – customer service approach in resolving discrepancies
- Document management – adhering to document naming conventions, supporting and maintaining a sound paper and digital filing system
- Maintaining and tracking or Regulation or Policy amendments
- Proven experience entering data in and working with accounting and payroll software systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to manipulate and make changes to Adobe PDF files
- Ability to adapt easily to and use new software systems
- Experience using SharePoint file sharing system an asset
- Bilingual English/French an asset
Important: Strong attention to detail is required for this position. Please describe how you meet this requirement using concrete examples within your cover letter.