Unit: Human Resources and Administration
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources and Administration, the Logistics Officer is responsible for coordinating meeting and event logistics for Chicken Farmers of Canada. The Logistics Officer also acts as the primary recording secretary for CFC Committee and Working Group meetings, and provides support within the Human Resources & Administration unit.
Board meeting dates and venues
- Responsible for consultation with the Director of Market Information, the Director of Human Resources & Administration and the Executive Director, in discussing Board meeting dates and venues
- Preparing memo for Board meeting dates, to present to the CFC Board for approval
- Act as a direct liaison with hotel representatives, to confirm meeting space and guestroom availability for approved Board meetings
- Act as a direct liaison between CFC and Board of Directors for guestroom reservation coordination and booking (relating to rooming and priority lists).
- Support the Executive Assistant and the Director of Human Resources & Administration in preparing/planning the annual CFC summer Board meeting (alongside the host province)
- Act as a backup to the Executive Assistant for Board meeting preparation and minutes
- Recording secretary to internal Committees, including Audit; Allocation, Policies and Procedures; and Production, (and potential working groups)
- Take meeting notes and prepare minutes and meeting reports for approval; follow up on business arising from the minutes for future meetings
- Prepare the annual meetings calendar; coordinate the availability of members for ad hoc meetings and ensure that all committee members receive appropriate notice of meetings and conference calls
- Coordinate meeting logistics: hotel and meeting rooms; interpretation and AV; catering; document preparation and distribution
- Support the Director of Human Resources & Administration in preparing/planning CFC’s annual Orientation Seminar
- Support for the preparation and pre-meeting logistics for other CFC meetings/events, ie: venue and guestroom bookings, name badge preparation, registration, etc.
Carries out all other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources and Administration and/or the Executive Director.
Education, Competencies and Experience
The Logistics Officer role is located in Ottawa, Ontario (in office). The role requires high attention to detail and a good sense of adaptability.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Prior experience recording meeting minutes
- Document management – adhering to document naming conventions, supporting and maintaining a sound paper and digital filing system
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to manipulate and make changes to Adobe PDF files
- Experience using SharePoint file sharing system an asset
- Bilingual English/French (written and oral) a must
Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicken Farmers of Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.